Thursday, April 9, 2015

Gone by Stacy Claflin AUDIOBOOK


Macy Mercer only wants a little independence. Eager to prove herself grown up, she goes to a dark, secluded park. She's supposed to meet the boy of her dreams who she met online. But the cute 15-year-old was a fantasy, his pictures fake. She finds herself face to face with Chester Woodran, a man capable of murder.

Distraught over his own missing daughter, Chester insists that Macy replace his lost girl. He locks Macy up, withholds food, and roughs her up, demanding that she call him dad. Under duress from his constant threats and mind games, her hold on reality starts to slip. Clinging to her memories is the only way of holding onto her true identity, not believing that she is Chester's daughter. Otherwise she may never see her family again.

My Thoughts…

I have read the printed copy of Gone and was enthralled with the story.  You can see my review  here.   I am not going to repeat my review of the story; I am going to review the audio part of the story.  

I am partial to male narrators.    The narrator for this book was almost perfect.   When using his tone for the different characters I could actually see the characters and feel their emotions.   As he was telling the story I sometimes felt his voice was flat, sometimes dull, but I suppose this made differentiating between the characters and the narration more pronounced.    I enjoyed how the chapters flowed easily, keeping listening very easy.  

Although, I realize the length of the audio book is directly related to the number of pages in the book but Gone is the right size.   It was long enough that I did not listen to it all in one sitting, but short enough that I did not feel like I was listening to the same story forever.    I listen while I work out and enjoy listening to a book that takes me about a week or 5 days to listen to.  
 
I am anxious for the rest of the books in this series to be released in the audio format.   Stacy Claflin is definitely an author that I always enjoy, both in the written form and the audio form.

Audiobook Links


Check out my review of the printed copy of Gone  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment