Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Seaside Surprises by Stacy Claflin

Book 1 of the A Sweet Romance (The Seaside Hunters) Series
Published March 15, 2015 
         
Tiffany Saunders is on the run. When she winds up stranded in a seaside town, she wants nothing more than to forget her horrific past and kept moving. But a chance meeting with a handsome local changes everything.

Jake Hunter has some deep emotional scars and is trying to cope with running the family business. The last thing he wants is a relationship—until a mysterious brunette walks into his store and complicates it all.

Tiffany prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong—in her rear view mirror. But dark secrets cannot stay hidden forever. Just as the walls around Tiffany’s heart start to come down, the past catches up with her. Will true love be able to conquer all?

My Thoughts…

Stacy Claflin is an author that I have read many books from.  She always pulls me in from the first chapter and keeps me entertained until I read the very last word.   Seaside Surprises is exactly what I was hoping for.  

 It is a different type of story than the Gone Series by Stacy Claflin.  It is much lighter, romantic, and fun, yet there is still a tough subject being handled.  The subject of abuse is never easy.   Seaside Surprises covers this topic with the care and respect that is needed.   Tiffany’s history is not a good one.   She fell in love and married a horrible man and as anyone who has been abused knows, could not get away.    As she finally takes the steps needed to escape she finds the love she really wants.    Of course, the getaway is not easy.   A someone who fortunately has not had to deal with an abusive relationship, I found it hard to put myself in Tiffany’s shoes.   Although I could not personally relate, I could feel sympathy and hope for her.   I had high hopes that since she was strong enough to get away she would be strong enough to open herself up to love and a relationship again.   
Seaside Surprises is a great story.   It is a great length, about 170 pages, for a weekend read.   I definitely recommend checking it out.  


Check out my review of Stacy Claflin’s Gone  HERE….

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment