Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Maverick by Chelsea Camaron

Published April 6, 2015

He was the high school crush who never knew I existed. I am still the girl hiding against the wall.
Life for Kenzy Davis is far from easy right now. After ending a long term relationship, she is back in her hometown, starting over.

Maverick Collins works hard and plays even harder. An invisible illness shakes his world at its core as his father fights for his life. Everything he ever took for granted stares him in the face, including the shy girl from his past.

Watching someone you love battle an illness is never easy. When the ICU nurse caring for his dad is the one girl from his past he saw around but overlooked, does Maverick find comfort in her embrace? Does Kenzy find a new calm in the chaos of her life? Or do their feelings remain invisible yet again?

My Thoughts...

Oh, how I love Chelsea Camaron.  Maverick was the perfect short, hot, and sweet story for me.     I feel that short stories can be tricky.   It is hard to give enough detail to pull the reader in, without giving too much detail and make the book long.    Chelsea camaron did it exactly right with this one. 
I was pulled in and made to care for the Kenzy and Maverick.   I was invested in them finding happy ever after.    I was hoping and praying that it would be with each other.   

Kenzy was truly a life saver.    She took it upon herself to give extra care to maverick's dad when she didn't have to.    She gave advice and support to maverick when he didn't have any where else to turn to.    


I am so excited for this series.   I cannot wait for more.  

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment