Wednesday, December 16, 2015

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

Hardcover485 pages
Published March 27th 2007 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.
 

My Thoughts...

City of Bones was recommended to me when I asked my Mom's Book Club what to read.  I was in a funk and nothing was staying with me.   It was a weekend when I started 3 books and couldn't get into any of them.   I am a huge fan of paranormal stories and this was their suggestion.    I purchased it from Amazon and read all 485 pages in two days.    

I read other reviews and saw that it was compared to Harry Potter and Twilight both series that I loved.    I did not really see the connection other than that it could be enjoyed by Young Adults as well as Older Adults.    There were young characters with special talents that were trying to learn what their future would hold.   There were also vampires, werewolves, and faeries but these were mostly secondary characters.     

As I continued to read page after page I found myself falling farther and farther into the storyline.    I will read the rest of this series but I was not pulled to purchase all the books right away.       I am also excited to hear that this is coming out as a TV series with each book getting their own series.      

If you are a paranormal story lover this is the book for you.    I highly recommend picking this book up.   

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment