Monday, December 7, 2015

The Seafront Tearoom by Vanessa Greene

The Seafront Tearoom by Vanessa GreenePublished December 1, 2015 by Berkley

I received my review copy from Lauren Burnstein at Random House Publishing for a honest review.   

The first rule of afternoon tea: never rush. Take time to savor it. Just like friendship…

The Seafront Tearoom is an insider secret in small-town Scarborough – a beach-front haven with the best tea and cakes in town – and  journalist Charlie Harrison would love to put it on the map with a feature in her magazine. But single mom Kat Murray doesn’t want to see her favorite sanctuary overrun by tourists, and begs Charlie to seek out other options. She offers her help, as a “tea obsessive,” and so does French au pair Séraphine Moreau, whose upbringing makes her a connoisseur of everything sweet and indulgent.

Together the three women will scour the countryside for quaint hideaways and hidden gems, sharing along the way their secrets, disappointments, and dreams – and discovering that friendship, like tea, takes time to steep. But learning too that once you open your heart, the possibilities are endless. 

My Thoughts…

Vanessa Greene introduces the reader to three wonderful women brought together over a love of food and tea.    Each of the characters are unique in their own way.   They are all going through their own personal battles and really have nothing in common except for their tea.      The friendship that grows between them is wonderful.  You can feel how much they grow to care for each other and how much they really need each other.  

I loved all the cute tea shops they visited.   The food they ate and the tea they drank made me wish that we had a place like that in my town.   The fact that the recipes can be found at the back of the book is a definite bonus.   


Within The Seafront Tea room you will find romance that doesn’t come easy, character growth, and a great twist that I did not see coming.     The twist was what kept me up late and made me keep turning the pages.    I had no clue that was going to happen and I love that it did.      I recommend picking up a copy today.  

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment