Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fey by C.S. Feldman

Kindle Edition, 132 pages
Published October 21st 2015


Nessa Donnelly never expected to see her estranged and eccentric father again, but a phone call summons her back to her hometown and to the hospital in which the elder Donnelly lies in a comatose state for which his doctors have no explanation. Bit by bit, long-buried family secrets emerge, and Nessa begins to realize that those secrets were kept hidden from her for a reason.

She also realizes that there is something in the woods behind her father’s house that he never told her about, something that can’t be explained.

And she is also not as alone in his house as she thought she was…

My Thoughts…

I love fey books.    I should say I love GOOD fey books.     C.S. Feldman wrote a GREAT fey book.   

Fey is a dark  fey story.    I don’t know that I have ever read a book quite like this.   These are not your typical fey.   They aren’t all sweet and sparkly with pretty wings and good intentions.   This fey is selfish, tricky, and mean.    I loved it.   It was different than what I was use to reading and it was perfect.

Nessa was interesting.   I wasn’t sure why she wouldn’t want to bring her husband with her if she knew her dad was not doing well.   As the story is told it makes more sense, except that she didn’t know that there were fey in the world.   Just something that I picked up on that made me go hmmm….   I enjoyed the bedtime story her dad told her and how it plays into solving her puzzle.      Ms. Feldman leaves clues and hints as to what has to be done to save herself and her dad and it was fun to try to put them together.  


I certainly recommend checking out Fey.  I cannot wait to read more by C.S. Feldman.  

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment