Friday, June 17, 2016

A Bird on a Windowsill by Laura Miller

Genre: Small-town, second-chance romance (contemporary new adult)
Pages: 285
Release Date: June 20, 2016

Synopsis:

“Who do you choose, Vannah?”

She’s standing at the door, her dark green eyes slicing open the distance between her gaze and mine. And I’m just staring back at her. And three thoughts are all that are on my mind:
I love this girl.
I love this girl.
I love this girl.
She takes a breath. I hold mine. And with that, a silent thought slips into my cadence.
I love this girl.
I love this girl.
I love this girl.
Choose me.

Choose me.

Salem and Savannah have known each other since childhood, and nearly every memory they each hold, they share together. But when Savannah tells Salem that her family is moving to South Carolina only days into their sophomore year of high school, Salem is devastated.

They vow to spend the rest of Savannah’s time in their small hometown, together, rewinding the last ten years of their young lives, until one day, Salem wakes up, and Savannah’s gone.

But that’s not the last time their paths cross. In fact, life continues to intertwine their stories, until one sunny afternoon, Salem walks into their hometown’s newspaper office and looks up to a familiar face. It’s Savannah, and she’s just the same as the last time he saw her. The only problem is, he’s not.

Based in small-town Missouri, A Bird on a Windowsill tells the story of a boy and a girl who share one past. And now, at twenty-three, having spent the last five years apart, they both must navigate the delicate line of loving and letting go, until they’re each faced with a choice that could change their future—and their story.

My Thoughts…. 

Oh My Gosh.    A Bird on a Windowsill is a book that pulled at my heart throughout the entire story.    From the first page when a young girl meets a young boy and ask if he was hers I was invested.   I wanted to be part of the story seeing the friendship develop, seeing the feelings grow, and watching these two wonderful children become what they were meant to be.   

The story is not complex.    It is a story of best friends that have the potential of becoming more.    The story of two young people trying to figure out life.    It is sweet, loving, beautiful, and simple.  

 Vannah and Eben are lifelong friends.    Every memory of growing up includes them being together.   I am not sure I have ever read a book that was more true to friendship.   They were friends, best friends, for so long that it was impossible for them not to have stronger feelings.     I was torn on whether I wanted them to take the next step.   Would moving on change the relationship for the better or the worse?   All the way to the end I could not decide.  

I am a fan of Laura Millers.  Laura has to put her entire heart into each book and it shows in her writing.      I highly recommend picking up your copy of A Bird on a Windowsill immediately.  

.Amazon pre-order: http://goo.gl/mABFyW
iTunes pre-order: https://goo.gl/jkjHmi
B&N pre-order: http://goo.gl/xmFXIC
Kobo pre-order: https://goo.gl/PvDmoj




No comments:

Post a Comment