Saturday, August 6, 2016

Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles #2) by Karissa Laurel

Paperback, 276 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC
Alone and exhausted after her month-long sojourn as a shooting star, Solina Mundy flees to southern California to lie low, recuperate, and plot a survival strategy. The one person she trusts to watch her back is her best friend, Skyla Ramirez. But Skyla has been missing for weeks.

The arrival of a dangerous stranger and the discovery of a legendary weapon of mass destruction forces Solina out of hiding and back into the fight for her life. Solina knows she won’t last long on her own. She must find out what happened to Skyla and unite her contentious allies if she hopes to track down this devastating weapon before her enemies use it to burn the world to ash.
 

My Thoughts…

Arctic Dawn is book two in The Norse Chronicles.   I read book one a year ago and loved the paranormal aspect and the characters so much I was anxious for book two.    My only issue with Arctic Dawn is that there is no history given.   Since it had been a while since I last read The Norse Chronicles it took my about 25% into the book to refresh my memory as to who the characters were and what their history was.     I wish Karissa Laurel had given a little background information just to refresh the reader’s memory.

There was a lot of Norse mythology within Arctic Dawn, which I am not overly familiar with yet I was not missing anything by my lack of knowledge.    I loved the characters and the story.   Sol and Thorin’s relationship is intriguing, drama filled, and interesting.    The way they circled each other, pushed their trust for each other, and explored their feelings for each other.    I am still not sure exactly what these two are to each other but I am hoping that it is all made clear in the next book.   There were other characters that I keep thinking about but Sol and Thorin are the big ones for me.  

At times there was a lot going on in the book.  Sometimes it was overwhelming and a tad confusing.   Yet at no time did I want to stop reading.   I pushed, pulled, and prodded through the story.  I had to know what was going to happen.   Would Helen, the bad guy, get Sol?    Are they going to kill the wolf?      So many questions and I still have so many to be answered.  

The Norse Chronicles has to be read in order.   I’d highly recommend reading books 1 and 2 as close together as possible.   I am sure I will be referring back to book 2 when book 3 is released.      I definitely recommend picking up your copies today. 





Karissa Laurel's website: http://www.karissalaurel.com



Check out my thoughts on book one HERE   




    


No comments:

Post a Comment