Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Made for Me by Kathryn R. Biel

Kindle Edition, 190 pages
Expected publication: October 4th 2016 by Kathryn R. Biel
it
Michele's lack of focus in life hasn't bothered her, until the day she finds herself with mounting credit card debt, unable to afford her rent, and without a job. While her meddling family questions how she can end up in this predicament, at the age of 29, and single to boot, Michele doesn't want to admit the truth. All she wants to do is sew. 

Faced with the prospect of moving back into her parents' house, Michele throws a Hail Mary pass and applies for a TV design contest, Made for Me. In order to win the contest, Michele will have to compete with nine other contestants to design the new wardrobe for Duchess Maryn Medrovovich, who's about to marry Prince Stephan of the United Republic of Montabago.
 

While in the seclusion of the show, Michele starts to realize where her focus in life should be, and what's truly important to her. However, a dashing competitor might just cause her to lose her focus once and for all. Can Michele keep her eye on the prize while being true to herself?
 

My Thoughts…

I have been a fan of Kathryn’s for so long that I thought I knew what to expect.    I didn’t.   She blew me away with Made for Me.   I devoured the book in one day not EVER wanting the story to end.    Between the reality TV, the overbearingly wonderful family, and the fun relationships there is something for everyone.

Made for Me is the story of Michele trying to find herself or at least get out of her parent’s basement.   I loved that she was easily distracted, SQUIRREL, yet she was very motivated to do what has to be done to become successful.   Sometimes you just need a push in the right directions.   

Made for Me is a reality show that highlights the talents of designers.  I could picture the scenes of the contestants working on their different projects, the nerves with finding out if their project wins, and the friendships (or not) between the different contestants.    I was intrigued by Asher.  I definitely feel he has more to his story than what he shared, Kira was the perfect roommate for Michele, and the others kept the story interesting.  

Kathryn Biel has amazing talent.   Made for Me is a book that I just couldn’t put down.   I had to read it, I had to keep reading, and I definitely recommend picking up your own copy.
 Book Links
Amazon   |   Goodreads



2 comments:

  1. Great review for a great author! I haven't read this book yet, but I read Jump, Jive & Wail, and it was sooooo good! Can't wait to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a HUGE Kathryn Biel fan. I have loved everything I have read by her.

      Delete