Monday, November 7, 2016

A Frayed Web by Jon Ripslinger

 Paperback, 250 pages
Published June 27th 2016 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC
Walter Bohannon fears love has blinded his mom. After his dad’s death, she reconnected with an old sweetheart, but Adam Kingsley may not be the same person she dated in high school. Even his teenage daughter doesn’t seem to know him very well.

Probing into Kingsley’s background, Walter discovers some disturbing things about his soon-to-be stepdad. Kingsley has secrets, and he might be willing to kill to protect them.
 

Can Walter convince his mother of the danger before it’s too late?
 

My Thoughts…

Walter is interesting.    He is a momma’s boy for sure.    He can deny it, complain when people call him that, but that is exactly what he is and everyone who knows him is aware of that.    That could be why he was so invested in his mother’s happiness.     He was obsessive about finding out why Adam would be so wrong for his mother.     I felt like he had a lot of freedom for being in high school and should have involved some adults, yet when he went to his coach he was not believed. 

Kristi, Adam’s daughter, is a wicked person.    There is nothing to like about her.    I get that she grew up with divorced parents and a dad that wasn’t there.    She grew up with a mom that has money.    But there is nothing to redeem her.    She complains about everything.    She turns on the charm when it will benefit her and being rude all the rest of the time.     Towards the end she tries to make herself likable but I have never bought into money being an excuse to act better than others.  

I didn’t realize that Jon Ripslinger wrote YA style books.     This is the first book by this author that I have read so I had no expectations but in reading the blurb I did not expect a YA book.   A Frayed Web is definitely geared towards that reading audience.    I was looking for a romance/mystery type story and that is exactly what I got.    It was just written in a style and way that I was not expecting.

I enjoyed reading A Frayed Web and may have even enjoyed it more had I realized the style that I was picking up.     If you are looking for a YA or MG mystery then this is the book for you.  

Book Links



No comments:

Post a Comment